It is the time of year when recently-engagaged couples are at work desks, spending their office hours doing wedmin of course!
If your wedmin is currently focusing on finding the perfect wedding planner, there are some question you should be able to answer before getting in touch with a wedding planner:
- How many people you would like to have
- Wedding date
- Expected budget
in the light of your budget and the kind of service you desire, you may want:
- A full service planner to arrange every single detail of the ceremony and the party
- A partial service regading venues research or vendors management only
- A wedding day coordinator to help you on the day of your wedding
At the end of a phone call or meeting ask yourself:
- Do I feel heard when I speak with her/him?
- Did she/he understand my vision?
- Did we really click?
There are also some other important aspects that it worths considering
Meet your planner
- Do you have our date available?
- How many weddings have you planned?
- How many clients do you take in one year?
- Do you take more than one wedding on the same day?
- Do you have a team supporting you?
- Do you have a contract?
- Do you specialise in design or coordination or both?
- Will you handle every aspect of the planning or can we do some things on our own?
- Will you be present on the wedding day?
- How many meetings/phonecalls/emails are included in your services?
- Are there any expenses that aren’t included in your fee?
- What is your refund or cancellation policy?
- Payment terms
- Are we required to use only your suppliers or can we choose ours?
- Will you be with us during the suppliers meetings?
- Will you help us to review all supplier contracts?
- Have you ever worked with our venue?
- What do you do in case of bad weather?
Now that you are fully informed, you can meet your wedding planner and start planning!